Fri, Sep 20|
Mendin’ Fences Farm
Rogersville,Tennessee | Intensive Combined Courses + Lessons
All-inclusive for Riders and Auditors means: ~ registration fee ~ stalling for your horse for the week (riders) ~ housing for you in the Bunkhouse or other areas for the week ~ all breakfasts and lunches and 3 dinners https://www.mendinfencesfarm.com/registration-forms
Time & Location
Sep 20, 2019, 9:00 AM EDT – Sep 23, 2019, 5:00 PM EDT
Mendin’ Fences Farm, 868 Beech Grove Rd. Rogersville, TN 37857
About the Event
Limited to six horse/rider pairs.
- Each individual session includes an evaluation of the horse's posture/ movement and some supervised riding focused on rider relaxation and connection with their horse.
Auditors participate in all the mini-lectures and discussions. Occasionally, auditors may be invited to participate in some "hands-on" when discussing a particular aspect of the particular horse in that session.
- Learn about neutral pelvis and posture.
- Discover the differences between men and women riders.
- Define rhythm, tempo, and length of stride.
- Feel horses’ movement through a stride sequence.
- Develop skills to influence rhythm.
- Gather exercises to build rhythm and trust with your horse.
- Learn why relaxation is a building block for your horse’s success.
- Examine the gateways to physically and mentally supporting the horse to find relaxation and enhance learning.
- Observe physical elements of relaxation including the: tongue, hyoid, TMJ, atlanto-occipital joint and dental mechanics.
- Discover why jaw releases and lateral flexions at the AO joint are beneficial and how they work.
- Learn about rider rotation.
- Look at how bits can help and/or hinder the relaxation process.
- Leave with an understanding of how horses bend.
For Course Registration & Lesson Day Auditor Sign Up Contact: Linda Bertani | email@example.com | 423.327.0008